Here is my bad experience with this guy, David Martin. I signed up on their website "hearing planet," to get information about new hearing aids as mine are quite old.

I received a return call from David Martin whos exact words were: I can give you information about pricing and the various models available.... (oh really Dave?) I explained about my hearing loss and mentioned the three brands that I had looked at. (resound, seimans, and rexton). He said (not in so many words) that they were basically cheap-*** brands and not worth the money.

He said

"good hearing aids" cost between 3000 and 5000 a pair. OK, the seimans were quoted to me at 1699 each (that's 3400 a pair Dave), the Rextons were 2495 each (ummm that's 5000 a pair Dave.) but yes the resound were the Kirkland brand from Costco at 1799.00 for the pair. After he finished bad mouthing my choices, I asked if he could "recommend" some brands that I could inquire about. Now if you recall, he said he could "give me information about price and the various models available." He said "sorry, I don't think I can help you if you are just looking at "economy brands".....well, Dave can you recommend a brand that is NOT an economy brand?

Ummm, no he could not do that. So exactly what is it that they do there other than call people up, give them NO ADVICE and waste their time....Dave, you are truly an ***!

Oh, Hearing planet..... what do you ppl really do?

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 19, 2015.

Comments

Newark, New Jersey, United States #1123574

Recently while researching hearing aids, I came upon the website Hearing Planet. After submitting contact information, I soon received a telephone call from a representative, Mr.

David Martin.

During a lengthy conversation with Mr. Martin, he was most helpful by providing information and advice regarding the various hearing aids that are available. Even after he learned that he would not be making a sale since I had already decided upon a hearing aid dispenser, he continued to educate me regarding available types and options of aids. Mr.

Martin was both friendly and most professional during our initial 'phone call, as well as a second one when I called him back with additional questions.

I commend David Martin for his professional competence and his sincere desire to assist the consumer with his knowledge and expertise regarding the various brands of hearing aids. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is presently seeking such information.